akg c3000 or Rode NT1

Hot Rocks

I will be purchaseing the final mic for my collection this week, maybe as early as tomorrow night.I own 3 sm 57's an sm 58,an sm 48 and a shure BG4.1. This new Mic will be either a Akg c 3000 or a Rode NT1. It's primary uses will be for a "live" room overhead and for vocals.I record on a cassette 238 tascam, a 246 tascam and a 388 tascam with no plans to upgrade as these decks ars more than adequate for my needs. I'm a hobbiest that wants the best large diaphragm mic for these applications for the least amount of money.Thanks in advance

They are both pretty comparable.
If you go to a larger music store like Guitar Center or Sam Ash, they're usually pretty cool about letting you test out the mics in one of thier recording equipment rooms.... as long as you don't mind singing accapella to other musicians. That will give you some idea of how different the two mics sound.
There's many varying opinions on mics around here. Some guys like Rode, some prefer AKG, while others swear by Oktava.
Personally, I own an AKG C3000 and I love it, because it totally suits my needs and, well... it just sounds awesome. Clear, distinct, and the perfect sound for MY ears.
They're all nice mics. But if you decide on the C3000 (the original version, for $199.00), you'd better hurry.. there's not too many around anymore.

I called musicians friend tonite Buck and they said the c3000 that they had on sale in their winter catolog sold out in a day. 400 mics gone.I have this gut feeling that these mics from this renownded co. will fit my applications exceeding well but I hear nothing but great reviews about the nt1.Thanks for your reply,I will call guitar center tomorrow and based on the replies I hear and my final gut feeling, I'll make my choice.The C 3000 is my gut favored mic as of now

Back