akg C2000B

:cool: I have 2, The out put is not as hot as a 4050, cad E-100,cad E-300. The freq. response is very good, fairly natural.
the build quality is fair, can take a few hits and keep on working.

Dont have a V-67 to compare it too.

da MUTT

I've had great luck with mine, we use it as the mic for our bluegrass band when we play small clubs and coffeehouses. We also used it as the main vocal mic when we recorded our first CD. It's fairly neutral, and seems to work with a lot of different voices. It's not a true LDC, I think the capsule is about 1/2 to 3/4" diameter. For what we use it for, it compares favorably to the AT 4033 that one of our former members owned. Compared to the V67, it seems to me to have more air, and the V67 seems to impart a darker quality. When we did our latest CD, we had great results using the V67 on stand-up bass. As Fletcher always says, YMMV.

I bought one of these just because I was offerred a good deal($99 new), and liked it so much I bought another. It is a mid-size diaphragm condenser, like the AT 4033, but unlike the 4033, is not an electret. It is frankly a great mic, and the pair is better. It's one of those studio workhorse mics that you put up because nothing else works quite right. It's just short of great on acoustic guit, violin, recorder. Very usable on vocals, good on toms with the pad engaged, an excellent overhead pair.
The 2000B is one of the most versatile, underated budget mics out there. Rather than going the $150 (more or less) ebay route, I like 8th street's deal for $179 with the H-100 shock mount and a 20' cable. The cable's a cheapie, but the shock mount is a keeper which works well on a bunch of mics, from SP B-1 to Oktava MC012's.
C2000B's are the mics I put up when I wish I owned a second C414B-ULS (which I unforunately don't), but it's better on vocals than the 414. They are also the entire mic cabinet of my suitcase studio, which is based on a Korg PXR4 and a DMP3. They work very well in that role as a near-coincedent pair for recording a solo guitarist-singer, or as a spaced pair for doing a whole stage.
What's not to love?-Richie

Back