Akg c2000b vs t.bone stc800 vs at2035

mrdanny

Hello, I'm going to buy a mic, I'm a male with middle-low voice, who sings acoustics, pop and hard rock, what would be the best choise for me?
Ignoring the price I am deciding for the akg c2000b, the t.bone stc800 and at2035, and I have a m-audio fast track II for interface.
Thanks

Untreated, I'll record just in my bedroom, "for now" I'm trying to pick a good place with treatment, but for the moment a simple bedroom, well, I've seen some videos with the c2000b, I feel that the sound it's not so filled, I don't know how to say it, I like fat sounds "without distortion obviously"... And some people say that it's outdated, and other people say to go for the t.bone one because it's very good for his price, but I don't really now and I have to do a fast decision

If you aren't going to have a treated environment for a long time, you might want to consider a dynamic microphone,like the Shure SM58, they work basically much better for places where the atmosphere is ruined by car noises and so on. However, if you are going to find a treated room SOON, as in a few days or a month, you might want to consider the condenser microphones.

Coming to the microphones: You like that warm sound of microphones, have a low-middle voice and want the voice of your sound to "fill" your soul, if I am not wrong, right? :D
In that case, the t.bone SCT-800 might work just fine. HOWEVER, if you would like to consider a dual-diaphragm condenser which allows for a switch that controls the sound to be both warm or bright, consider this. You can search for it on youtube if you want voice samples, too.

Well, the price was amazingly good, so I had to choose the akg c2000b, I hope it works fine with me, and thank you all very much for the answers and help!

I'm a big fan of the C2000B. I think you have chosen well. Try it on cabs. It is a *very* versatile little sucker. Now that you have one, get another. The pair is great for overheads and stereo recording.

Uhh, it would be great but it is far from my budget to get another so early, "try it on cabs" what does it mean? Sorry I'm Portuguese, don't know so much english

Back