Akg 414 B-ULS Alteration & Repair

Divine

The Ultimate
I have been told you can upgrade and alter this microphone to make it sound better. I currently own one and am curious if this is true or not. Can anyone elaborate. Also... Is it possible to run any kind of test on a AKG microphone to see if its in full working order. I dont believe mine has any problems but I always am concerned about maintaining the gear I have so it wont break down on me.

Thanks

Yes, you can. But before you start, open it up and have a look inside :eek: :eek: :eek: .
If you don't get scared away and understand everything what's going on in this mic, then we can resume. :p

Re: maintainence. If you believe there is no problem there, there is no need to run any tests. Anyway, the best test is your ears.

Oh yeah, if for any reason you don't like this mic, and really want to alter it, put a tube inside. Of course, it won't be a C414 anymore.

Made to sound better according to who? Thats something you've got to remember when it comes to Audio. Everyone has different taste and unfortunately there is no defined set of "good" and "Bad" rules.
If you like it and it works in your application then it probably doesn't need to "sound better".

Back