AKAI GX-365D reel-to-reel........

SteveinAlaska

New acquisition from retired military/electronics guy. Did tell me it had been in storage for quite a while. So will go through the clean-up, multimeter check, poke around it routine before I put it to use. Doing web searches for manuals, schematics, etc as I picked up other gear too.

Question> Does anyone have comments/suggestions about this make & model of reel-to-reel player, what to watch out for,etc?

Thank you

Akai GX-365D

I bought one of these for $35 from a guy in a parking lot outside of a Guitar Center in Des Moine last year. The thing had a nice thick coating of nicotine and years of fuzz/grim/grease/etc.

But I cleaned it up, hit all the contacts with contact cleaner and have used it to transfer some old tapes to .wav files!

You can get the user's manual for free - just Google it. But I haven't had any problems with mine. I only had a few tapes to transfer and now I need to decide if I want to keep it or sell it?!?!?!?!?

Have fun with it - I think they're a blast to watch while I'm doing the transfers. Even the cats enjoy all the activity.

Back