Akai DPS16 $450

ljmaxx

Hurricane Offender
I have an Akai DPS16 that I bought new for $1799 3 years ago. It has been in my smoke free home studio for all of its 3 years. It records perfectly and has a 20 gig HD with 3.02 OS installed. It also has an EB4M effects card installed but as of lately it sometimes fails to recognize the card. I use outboard effects so it didn't matter to me but if anyone wants to buy this recorder it comes with no effects even though the card is there.

I bought a Korg D3200 so that's why the Akai is for sale. Appearance wise it looks like new and pics are available. Akai DPS16's sell for much more on ebay. Check out item # 7406914672 where the reserve is $850. The manual also comes with the recorder. $450 gets somebody a heck of a machine. Just check out the reviews on HC. If I didn't need more tracks this recorder would not be for sale. PM me or email ljmax@earthlink.net if interested.

Thanks for looking.

how much you want for the EB4M effects card alone?

did you have any problems with the effect card no working with 3.0 OS..that might be something to look at...

I now mines work fine ..no problem on 3.0 OS

bknot1 said:
how much you want for the EB4M effects card alone?

did you have any problems with the effect card no working with 3.0 OS..that might be something to look at...

I now mines work fine ..no problem on 3.0 OS

This DPS came with 3.02 installed so I have no idea if it will work with 3.0 but it should. From what I've been told from other DPS users is all I have to do is remove the cover and re install the EB4M effects card. Since I haven't used the card in over 2 years it was no big deal to me but for anyone who may buy this DPS16 I won't say the card works. Oh and no I won't sell the card only as whoever buys this DPS will most probably get the card to work.

have you tried to reinstall it yet..it might work then..if ny it might be a bad card..has it worked before..

it should work..its no big difference in 3.0 and 3.02(if just fixs ant bug..nothing added new really)

bknot1 said:
have you tried to reinstall it yet..it might work then..if ny it might be a bad card..has it worked before..

it should work..its no big difference in 3.0 and 3.02(if just fixs ant bug..nothing added new really)

I have not tried to re install the card. Yes I have used it and it worked great but after about a year I started using outboard effects. I never used it after that. The card may be bad and it may not be that's why I am saying the card at this point does not work. It is also why the price is only $450. The stickers are still on this DPS and it looks as if it was just taken out of the box. I should also say that all of the connections (ins & outs) were plugged into a patch bay so the connections have basically no wear what so ever. Even the head phone jack was connected to a dual connection. I'll probably just put this on ebay in a few days.

cool good luck...i think it might be a little hard to sell it without the card..but i might be wrong..have been before..i know some people are looking for something to record on..

i emailed one of my friend to see if he still lookin for something like this..since i have one...

do you have a burner for it? ans is that part of the deal also..

bknot1 said:
cool good luck...i think it might be a little hard to sell it without the card..but i might be wrong..have been before..i know some people are looking for something to record on..

You may be right but here is a DPS16 that sold on ebay last week for $294.99 that wouldn't record on the first 4 tracks, was missing the volume knob for the headphones, main output level was low, a 10 Gig HD, and had no manual.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AKAI-DPS-16-DIG...ryZ15199QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd probably take a little less than $450 but not a whole lot. The price is for the DPS16 only. There is no CD burner. I can always keep it and use it for remote recording which is probably not such a bad idea. :)

Last edited:
Back