AHHH Back to my heavy ole self again

Dogman said:
Nice tone. Cool song. What else can I say? Sweet. I dig it. :D

Thanks Ed, I noticed its fairly tough to get finesse with clean toned tunes. This heavy stuff gets easier and easier to mix... HAIL BRO

Who says you cant get good tone from a POD 2.0 :P

VesuviusJay said:
Thanks Ed, I noticed its fairly tough to get finesse with clean toned tunes. This heavy stuff gets easier and easier to mix... HAIL BRO

Who says you cant get good tone from a POD 2.0 :P
I surely won't.....I have an XTL, and use it either direct, or once in a while, I mic my POS amp. Sounds pretty good to me both ways. Direct is just easier since I can't always make noise....

Sounds good. I'm not a huge fan of those kinds of vocals, but they's done well anyhow. One thing on the drums... I'm no great drummer myself so I can't be sure on this, but uh, y'know the parts where the drums get all fast and go double time? I notice the snare is being hit really fast, as is the hat. Could a real drummer hit the snare AND the hat that fast together? It just sounds kinda unnatural to me.

Other than that, sounds good. Cool guitar tone, nice groovy riffs.

I so wish that guitar was real, because the tone was kinda cool, but the real thing would have really kicked that sound in the ass.
Still dig the production, just a lot of digital artifacts to deal with, namely on guitar rig, for a purist such as myself.
Good aggressive delivery, though. Made me rock nonetheless.

that was pretty darn good. I love the crunch and clarity of the gtrs.

only the palm mutes gave it away that it was not a real amp.

nice job.

Just right click and save as, then play from your desktop or wherever you save it. Your Media player associations must be screwey.

BTW I figured out a killer technique micing my 2X12 with a beta 57a, and mixing the stereo signal in phase with one of the pod inputs. The guitar tone is WAY WAY WAY fatter. I will only need to double the guitar tracks instead of 3 or 4 tracks per side. I will post a song once I get it tracked in and see what you all think.

warrengtype said:
I notice the snare is being hit really fast, as is the hat. Could a real drummer hit the snare AND the hat that fast together? It just sounds kinda unnatural to me.
QUOTE]

Drummers now can drum even faster than this actually. It's now becoming pretty sick. This kind of beat is call BlastBeat (hi-hat and snare together) and there is the GrindBeat (alternate hi-hat and snare). Check Kataklysm here, I saw this drummer do this live many time without any problem. This kind of speed is now becoming pretty common. It's a freak circus now, those guys should apply for the olympics.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8000243

I like the song. The vocal reminds me a lot of Chris Barnes' tone in Six Feet Under. Cool riffs. Did you tryed a bit more of hi-end and middle on the guitar tone see what it's doing? Maybe that would fit well with the kind of tin sound of the drum. I would maybe get the hi-hat down a notch during the blast parts, that could make it more realistic. Also if you can find a way to "humanize" a bit your fast parts that would add to a more realistic feel too.
But overall, I dig this!

Post your progress!

Back