After

XLR

______
After

[The gunfighter's hand is still twitching after it's over. Standing in the dusty street he looks over the result of his work... and for just a moment regrets the course of his life.]

This is the soundtrack.

All comments appreciated.

love that verb! it does have a sense of foreboding presence of mind. one which brings me into the mind of the gunner and shows the questions of the "necessary" decisions that the gunner has taken throughout his course of life. love the transition into major then back to a strong minor, where it could be perceived as he found his answer. "I had to. Or I would be on the ground in their place."

mmm... nylon.

No!!! It stopped way to soon! I could listen to this all evening! great stuff! :cool:

Reactions: XLR
Nice playing Tim. Nice music too. My only suggestion is that the guitar could be a little brighter in the lower register, it sounds a bit muted down there.

I like it. At 1:07 or so how do you do that fast little strumming thing on the rhythm guitar?

If it weren't for the snow outside I'd swear I saw tumbleweeds and dusty town roads out there......:rolleyes:

Fabulous Tim - it says western movie sound track all over it! :cool::D:cool::D

I like it. At 1:07 or so how do you do that fast little strumming thing on the rhythm guitar?

just my take on it. I can get that sound from flicking one finger at a time from the thumb quickly raking down the strings. starting with the pinky. then a quick palm slap over the sound hole. that would be my guess. mmm flamenco...

by the way. i'm still loving this tune.

just my take on it. I can get that sound from flicking one finger at a time from the thumb quickly raking down the strings. starting with the pinky. then a quick palm slap over the sound hole. that would be my guess. mmm flamenco...

by the way. i'm still loving this tune.

Ah I see. Will try that out.

Nice song, Tim. And perfect recording as usual.

I can smell the red blooded pasta sauce on this spaghetti western.
Remorse, I felt it's pull, but then again I'm still left living. These tools, support my skills, but then again my skill's in killing. And when an end is near, though it's not clear who'll end up falling. I reach and I react, fulfill my pact, & hope I'm still standing.
see, such an aural image I couldn't help doing a hokey voice over (a voice over to scanned on My way? - I'm sick!!!)
This is good recording AND playing &&& program music.

Thanks guys for listening and all the comments. I'll respond in more detail tomorrow, as I'm out today but just wanted to let you know I appreciate it.

Nice.. Excellent playing. Would love to hear the whole thing a bit brighter, really make the lead stick out. As someone else said, it sounds a little muted. Great playing!

Reactions: XLR
Coughmist - the phrase starting on the C major chord was really the only reason I kept the improv that this was part of so I’m glad you liked that part. Good reflective-gunslinger description too.:)

David and DarkFriend - Yep, too dark in spots. My late-night headphone mix was off a bit. Thanks for your comments.

Dogman, ido1957, jpw23 - appreciate the listen.

Danny - Thank you. The strummed part is done pretty much as Coughmist described. Downstrokes of the pinky (chico in flamenco lingo), ring finger (anular), middle (medio), index (indice) to create the triplet rasgueado used in it. BTW, it’s the Naiant mic on this.

heatmiser - I had to google Sergio Leone, heh. Thanks man.:cool:

cmhansen - Thanks. I shortened it to about a third its original length as it was kind of an endless ramble originally, heh.

rayc - another great verbalization that’s very close to what I was visualizing while mixing this. I appreciate it.:)

Back