Affordable Mic'ing Setup

bradly

Hi I play guitar with my church and we are thinking about putting a shield around the drums and mic'ing them. The problem is that I don't really know anything about doing this, nor does that pastor. Our other guitar guitarist doesn't really know either, but he is one of those guys that likes to think he knows and tells the pastor what to buy. Anyways... the other guitarist said to get two condenser mics overhead and a kick drum mic. Our church doesn't have a lot of money, but we obviously don't want a cheap, bad sounding setup either. Kit has snare, two toms, kick drum, hats, one crash, and one ride. Thanks guys.

-Bradly

The best budget mic setup is probably using four mics. Snare - Shure SM-57, Kick - AKG D112, AT ATM25. Beta 52, really low budget Pro 25, and Overheads, MXL-603s or Oktava MK-012

BurnBarfield said:
The best budget mic setup is probably using four mics. Snare - Shure SM-57, Kick - AKG D112, AT ATM25. Beta 52, really low budget Pro 25, and Overheads, MXL-603s or Oktava MK-012

sorry, but i'm a little unclear... the atm25 and beta 52 are overheads? thanks again though for the recommendations.

-bradly

Back