Aether Reverb Group Buy going on now. Should I join?

Superfly76

Master of Audio
Hey guys. I'm checking out this new VST reverb effect called Aether by 2CAudio.

They have a pretty sweet GB going on right now. I'm thinking of jumping on this. Any ather users care to chime in on their experience with this? I've been testing it out for the last day and all seems good, though I'd welcome any input from an actual user.

I'm a sucker for reverbs and this one sounds very good to my ears. Really rich and lush sounding.

I recorded this file yesterday. It's just my voice, a mic, and Aether. No other processing was done. I was testing it to see if I could get those rich cinematic ethnic style vocals with this. It works beautifully for this. You'll have to forgive the pitch drift, I literally just pressed record and improved into the mic.

I'm doing a bit of minor singing and Khoomei Mongolian throat singing in this file. Despite the pitch issues, I think this shows off some of Aether's potential as a large effect. It also sounds great as a general purpose reverb too.

I'm testing it out with all my VST hosts. So far everything works well with it. I've tested it on Samplitude 10.2.1, Bidule, and Reaper. I still have yet to test it in Sonar 8 and usine. I'm pretty sure I'll join the GB tonight.

2C_Aether_1.0_BerlinSmall_Main1.png

Here's the company blurb on the GB info:

Galbanum said:

Group-Buy-Chart.png

http://www.2caudio.com/promo/kvrgroupbuy/

As Requested by potential customers here in the KVR Forums, 2CAudio announces the Aether 1.0 Group Buy opportunity.

Information on Aether is available here: http://www.2caudio.com/products/aether/index.html

The price of Aether 1.0 is currently $249.95, outside of the group buy. 2CAudio will offer the following Group Buy pricing depending upon the volume of people who commit to the group buy:

Number of people : Price

> 050 : $174.95
> 100 : $149.95
> 200 : $124.95
> 400 : $99.95

As indicated by the KVR poll, ( http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247053&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult )there are already over 100 people who have expressed an interest in this. If everyone works together to expand the numbers even larger, we feel the third and possibly even the forth tier may be easily reachable. It depends on your efforts as well as ours to tell more people about this program. As mentioned previously, this needs to be a team effort to achieve the maximum benefits for everyone involved.

We will post a daily current count of the number of people commited to the group buy.

The group buy will be organized in three phases:

Phase 1: Three weeks
Signup/Commitment/Expansion
Start: Monday April 06, 2009
End: Sunday April 26, 2009

During this phase we collect names of the participants in the group buy. Participants become committed to the group buy at this time.

Phase 2: 5 Days
Final Price Determination, and Payment Collection
Start: Monday, April 27, 2009
End: Friday, May 01, 2009

On April 27, we will announce how many commitments we have received to the group buy, and we will announce the final price. We will give all participants a private order page and code to place the order at the final price. Everyone has until Friday May 01 to place their orders.

Phase 3: 2 Days
Serial Number Delivery
Start: Saturday, May 02, 2009
End: Sunday, May 03, 2009

Once we have collected payment from everyone who has committed to paying, we will then deliver a personalized Serial Number to you via email which will enable the full functionality of the product. This will occur as soon as we have collected all payments, and this could occur earlier than May 02 if all payments are made promptly.

To sign-up for this offer, please create an order for the following FREE eligibility "product"

http://galbanum.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=63

Add this product to your cart and proceed through checkout. You will be asked to sign in or create an account. Note that if you are not already an existing customer, you will have to create an account. (If you are bothered by the "Birthday" field in the account profile, simply enter a false one. We do not really need this info. It is just the default of our web-store.) Once you complete this process successfully, you will receive an email confirmation of your "order".

The number of orders for this product constitutes the current count of the participants in the group buy. This number represents who is committed to the group buy. This number determines the final price.

If you would like to participate in this program, you must "purchase" this free product by Sunday April 26, 2009 at the latest. If this product is not found in your order history, our web store will not allow you purchase at the final price.

Please note this step is not a financial transaction. "Purchase" here is meant only to imply that you go through the check-out process of our web store, but you do not have to provide any payment information at this point. This step just records your eligibility and commitment to participate in the final group buy price which will be announced on April 27, 2009.

Please also note that while this step is not a financial transaction itself, it is a commitment from you to participate in the group buy, and an agreement to pay the final price which is determined on Monday April 27th.. The final price is determined by the number of participants who sign up via this eligibility step. Therefore if you sign up now, it is important to honor your commitment.

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO ABUSE THIS PROGRAM. We are going above and beyond to help everyone with this program, and its success depends on everyone's honor and honesty. We reserve the right to publish a list of any participants who commit to the group buy in effort to push the price down, but do not pay in the end.

By ordering the Free eligibility product above, you agree to all of the terms above.

Questions can be posted here or emailed to "info [ a t ] 2caudio.com"

Well. I've been testing this out for the last 3 days. The demo works well with all my hosts, Samp 10, Sonar 8, Reaper, and Bidule.

But more important is the sound; this thing sounds amazing! I have a few of the big ones like CSR, AAR, and VariVerb to compare with. Aether sounds wonderful. I'm not saying it will replace all of these because each have their own unique sound, but I will be going to Aether first though.

I joined in the GB last night. I can't wait to get the full version when it's over.

I have to say I've not been looking at or concerned with verbs' in quite a while- but after checking this out it is tempting. The sounds seem nice, and it has some really enticing unique control features. Have you tried it on some good ol standard kit' and snare duties? That was one area they didn't go to very much in their samples.

I have to say I've not been looking at or concerned with verbs' in quite a while- but after checking this out it is tempting. The sounds seem nice, and it has some really enticing unique control features. Have you tried it on some good ol standard kit' and snare duties? That was one area they didn't go to very much in their samples.

I've tried it and like it. That's one of the first things I test with a verb. I'll load up a loop or the drum multitracks of a song I've recorded and test them out on that. A lot of plugins fall short on drums but this one excels. Aether doesn't suffer from that grainy delay sound that others have. There is no Rat, tat... tat... tat... tat... ugly grainy sound to the tails, just nice silky smooth tails.

If your interested in it, I highly suggest downloading the demo version. Honestly, I found their demos useful, but after demoing this, I don't feel it truly showcases the full potential of this verb.

Well. I've been testing this out for the last 3 days. The demo works well with all my hosts, Samp 10, Sonar 8, Reaper, and Bidule.

But more important is the sound; this thing sounds amazing! I have a few of the big ones like CSR, AAR, and VariVerb to compare with. Aether sounds wonderful. I'm not saying it will replace all of these because each have their own unique sound, but I will be going to Aether first though.

I joined in the GB last night. I can't wait to get the full version when it's over.
Can you do me a favor? Can you take a single snare hit and put it through this reverb and post results? Most reverbs work fine on held sounds such as vocals, however to me almost all fall appart with percussive sounds.

Can you do me a favor? Can you take a single snare hit and put it through this reverb and post results? Most reverbs work fine on held sounds such as vocals, however to me almost all fall appart with percussive sounds.

Sure. I'll see what I can do tomorrow when I am in the studio. I'll probably give you one measure dry then several measures with different presets.

Ok. Here's the demo for you. I tried to run the snare sample through a variety of presets to show what it can do.

Aether Snare Sample

The first hit is the dry snare sample.

The next 5 hits are from some of the Drum presets.

The next 3 hits are from larger hall type presets.

The last 2 hits are running through more ambient special FX presets.

the last three hits either have a nasty slap back or distortion happening a couple ms later after the initial attack.

nice reverb, but my ears aren't hearing a 'better' quality over the convolution reverbs at this point. But that's MY ears. :)

the last three hits either have a nasty slap back or distortion happening a couple ms later after the initial attack.

nice reverb, but my ears aren't hearing a 'better' quality over the convolution reverbs at this point. But that's MY ears. :)

To be fair, the last three hits are experimental presets. I would never use a preset like that on drums anyway. I just threw those on because I wanted to show all of what it would do. The hits up until the last 2 - 3 are more normal preset types that I would use on drums.

yeah...the first verbs sounded good on the drums.

I understand total quality...I think, but I am not sure in a mix I'm going to hear a difference.

Thanks for the heads up on this stuff though. That's what makes these forums invaluable.

btw...I could only use my demo once... and couldn't get it to work again. I read the limitations, but in Sonar, I put it on a snare (of course), then dragged it over to another FX bin (on some sequenced synth stuff) and it wouldn't work. I was only using one instance...but...? I opened/closed Sonar a couple times and tried to call up the plug again, but it wouldn't let me pick a preset or tweak anything. Therefore, I deleted it off my computer. :confused:

What I heard on the snare in my setup was nice, but I couldn't play with it enough to make any decisions. I just heard one setting.

That has to do with the way sonar handles plugins. When you drag an effect to another track it creates a second instance. Even if you delete the first instance, Aether is being told that the second instance is the second instance. What you can do is to put aether on a send or a bus channel and then send different tracks through it at will.

Just wanted to give this thread a quick bump as we're reaching the home stretch of this GB. We've already reached the $149.95 mark. I'm hoping we'll at least hit the $129.95 mark. $99 would be awesome too!

Today is now the last day to join.

Here's the link again: 2CAudio | promo | kvr aether group buy

Current official count is 167 by Andrew of 2cAudio. Although there have been 10 more people chime in on the KVR thread saying they've joined also. So the unofficial count looks to be around 177+ at the moment.

IMO $149.95 is a great deal. It's just bonus if it reaches the next price drop of $125.95.

Great news!

2CAudio has decided to extend the GB for 4 more days.

The numbers have already officially reached 203 which now brings the price to $125.95. There's now a good chance it can reach the next and highest level.

Here's the GB link: http://www.2caudio.com/promo/kvrgroupbuy/

Group-Buy-Chart.png

If you were on the fence before, now's your chance to get in on this great deal.

Back