Aeolian Improv

kinda like Lurch sits down, and wants to rock out...eh?;) I think if you took away the sound of the organ, and replaced it with a piano, for instance, the playing would sound really simplistic, and very unimaginative. The drums are pretty thin and tinny sounding.

I do like the organ sound. It would be nice if the vibrato rate varied a bit ...ala a Leslie.

after a couple minutes, things didn't seem to change much, so I skipped ahead, concluded the same. Ok for sitting down and jamming with a drum diddly...but I wouldn't qualify it much more than that. Maybe you can extract some single ideas from it and compose a song around them...

mixmkr,

Thanks for the thoughts on the vibrato, I should have done that! What I have is an organ part to a song that is a work in progress. It still needs the bass, guitar, live drums and vocals.

What I was trying to get was a dark feeling that would be the underlying pattern. When we get the thing completed, I will post the results.

Thanks

cool vibe.... I would have to agree with mixmkrs comments.. although I probably liked it more because I jam on stuff like this very often..:cool:

I would definitely take the vibe and do something more with it... It really has the makings for an excellent tune..

later

Pretty cool.....would be real good as a backing track...maybe a pad kinda thing (just learned about pads in the songwriting Forum:D )...
I would like to hear it with a real lead type bass guitar track....lead guitar might conflict with the melody of the organ though...maybe rhythmn guitar would be cool...ya know...power chords.......I will be looking for the new post when you put it all together...
Take it easy,
Joe

Back