Advice on UREI 546 vs. 565T..

Laangorec

hey all,

new to this forum, looking forward to the exchange of ideas among the like minded, and to somehow use these concepts as artillery in our constant struggle to achieve our objectives in the project studio.

has anyone had any "hands-on" with either of these units? i have one 565T rack, which works wonders on eliminating or accentuating freq's. (have almost silenced my 60hz hum issues). looking for advice on using (2) 565's (each mono) vs. (1) 546 (dual channel, selectable to wide single channel).

if it helps at all-

using 2 vintage ribbon mics, one through a UA Solo-110 and one through a GAP Pre73. i place the 565 and dbx 118 in line from one preamp to any channel on my mixing console. i'd like to aquire another filter set for the the other preamp. then, i could use the 2 units later for stereo mixdown and such. which brings me around to the basic question of which unit would be the better choice. as i stated earlier, another 565 would provide me with 2 total channels of manipulation, the 546 (dual) would bring 3 total channels to my current setup. any suggestions would be most helpful.

thanks-

Laangorec

Back