Advice needed (RE. Software/audio instruments)

colinchipchase

Hi.

I've been trying to set up my own computer recording system for a few years now using cakewalk and various other programs. I couldnt really get the results I wanted but recently I started a degree in music production. At the college I am using a G5 with an edirol keyboard and Logic 6 and getting very pleasing results.

What I want to know is there any other software out there for PC that can give me the same results, without having to buy a Mac! I do not require huge quality, just to be able to use the audio instruments and the automation editing detail that are availible in Logic. I know I'm not going to find a set up that is exactly the same but I was hoping if someone could point me in the right direction.

My current Pc - Athlon 2800, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, Creative Audigy Platinum Pro 2 Ex, M-Audio Radium 61.

I have a budget of about £1000 to upgrade if neccesary. If you could recommend me a decent program and how to achieve audio instruments such as the ones in Logic for PC I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

NOTE: I realise I am a newbie here and to DAW in general and if there is a thread similar to this previously then I apologise.

Back