Advertising Question

jmz93

HI folks.

I don't have a huge budget, but I'm considering running an add in a major magazine to attract business.* None of my less expensive strategies seem to be
accomplishing anything.

So, bearing in mind that I'm advertising mixing and mastering services, available online to anyone anywhere with an internet connection who can send me
their tracks, where would you advertise if you were me?

I'm trying to decide between magazines where studio guys hang out - Mix, Sound on Sound, Tape OP etc. - or places where musicians are reading - Guitar 1,
Premier Guitar, Keyboard Magazine etc.
I was originally looking at mixing/recording studio type publications, but then I thought that really, I should be targeting where the musicians and bands
are reading.
Any thoughts? Has anyone paid for a small ad in a larger publication? Did you see any actual business as a result?

I've been advertising in tons of online forums, through Google Ads, Facebook, Craigs List and Kijiji ads all over, etc. I've amassed a couple thousand page
visits and almost a couple hundred people following my business's page on Facebook, but no actual work or even a nibble through email contact.

Yes, I realize word of mouth is still vitally important... but until I get a few more paying customers who can spread the word... :)

thanks for any thoughts, opinions, reactions ...

Chris

CTS Mastering, Clear True Sound!

Back