Adobe Crashing when Using EZDrummer

phriq

Freon Productions
Hey Everyone, I am using Adobe Audition and trying to use EZDrummer. I have installed EZDrummer and then launched Adobe and set my VST path the the EZDrummer.dll and then created a midi track, launched my sequencer and then tried to use the EZDrummer VST. Right when I select EZDrummer, Adobe hangs for about 5 seconds and then I get a message "Adobe Audition has stopped working" or something like that, and Audtion closes out. I then tried to use Sonar and received the same issue.

I am running Vista 32-bit and have the UAC disabled. Does anyone know why this may be happening? I just downloaded the trial version of Reaper to see if I can get EZDrummer to work with that and I am going to reinstall EZDrummer, but do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks for that reply, I was able to get it to work with a evaluation copy of Reaper. So I may look into getting that. Thanks!

:cool: Yo Phrig:

For about 2 months "Adobe" ran me around in circles. Nothing would work for me to use YOUTUBE and other music/videos.

Yesterday, I found a new Microsoft "FIX," for XP and, Voila....my Windows Media Player worked.

Adobe has almost NO assistance. However, I was using a "FREE" version but it didn't work anyway. Adobe would me my LAST product to ever download the product.

I read hundreds of complaints from forums before I finally got the FIX. I have no idea why there is so much trouble with Adobe but something is up either in blocking a Franchise or looking for extra money.

Of course, I may be off base with your problem but I thought I'd drop a note.

Green Hornet:rolleyes::eek:

:cool: Just received a huge Microsoft download update. Looks like things are working once again.

I am not using Adobe but most of their programs seem to have bounced into my PC. I did delete one program but kind of think I should not mess with other programs until I find out "what else is hooked on to my XP system."

Green Hornet:cool:

Well that sucks. I was going ot get Ezdrummer but if its not going to work on sonar 4 i'll need to rethink things. eff

Frig.FRIG.FRIG!!!!!

Don't be so quick to always blame it on Adobe. A lot of software problems are a result of either Windows or the computer itself not being stable.

I have had similar problems with Audition but when I re-installed it on my new computer, the same exact program ran perfectly with zero issues. Now it never crashes.

Yeah, rethink upgrading Sonar to a newer version, because ezdrummer is worth it.

peace.

I probably should. But im also still in the great debate of just saying eff it and Buying a Macbook pro or an Imac? Its just a matter of convincing the minister of finance (better half) Then weigh my options. :confused:

Don't be so quick to always blame it on Adobe. A lot of software problems are a result of either Windows or the computer itself not being stable.....

or like my I.T. guys at work say "problem usually lies somewhere between the keyboard and the chair???? "

Back