Adobe Audition recording

Chizzal

Hey, I've been using adobe audition for like a few months now and I have to say its one of the best I've tried. And i've used Sonar, Cool Edit, Audacity, Mixcraft, and also Reaper.
But I feel like I'm cutting myself short on the recording.

I want like that rap presence where its not techy (and that usually happens when I use a Chorus). I mean like a normal loud, good quality effect.
What should I use on the rack.

Adobe Audition 3.0

We are not sure exactly what effect you are describing. You said "presence" but that is more a result of EQing rather than effects.

Can you give us more details or maybe a sample of what sound you want to achieve?

Sorry for getting back to you guys so late, umm ok. I dont wanna sound like a techy kinda voice, so i dont really want a chorus. I want a clear, rap, not loud, smooth, kinda style.
And loud enough to get over the drums and stuff

Ok I see what you saying about eqing, and heres a sample of what I wanna sound like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn2ka3AWJKo I want Nas's voice not loud yet smooth, over all of the drums and pianos and everything.

And Also when Im working with one of my other friends the problem with him is that the mic cant hear him and he runs outta breath. I guessed it was because he had alot of lines in one bar but is there any breathing techniques when recording. Thanks really appreciate the help

Perhaps the fix you are searching for is compression. It is what makes the vocals sound big, fat, and in your face without really being crankin loud. In general, it turns down only the loudest parts of the track which creates more headroom so you can turn up the overall track level. When used moderately, the result is that it tends to make vocals seem clearer or more pronounced because the nuances of every syllable is pushed up front more so than usual. It was designed to automatically control the dynamic range so those loudest notes are not unruly or out of control. It can be used on any instrument but I wouldn't go crazy with it everywhere.

Compression takes some learning and experimenting to get good results. In fact it takes a lot of patience to really get used to it. Newbies are usually intimidated and/or completely confused by it, so they end up avoiding it altogether. But once you learn to use compression correctly, it can become your secret weapon and your new best friend.

Adobe Audition has it in a plugin called dynamic processing. Test out a few of the factory presets and see if you like any of them. Then start tweaking things slightly to hear what it changes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
hi..i have adobe audition1.0 and i have a art tube preamp that im recording thru but when i record i get a recording delay so my voice turns out off key when im recording on a instrumental....can someone please help me on what should i do to get my voice to record into my software with no delays

Back