Adobe Audition and recording in 4800

sotorious

is ok to record in that? I mean i have to convert most my mp3s over to it when im importing them onto adobe. Or is it best to leave it at 441

If you are involving mp3s and the end result is to produce a cd then I wouldn't bother with more than 44.1k. You will essentially be bouncing down to 44.1k at the end anyway.

You will get more noticeable difference like headroom if you move to 24bit recording rather than 16bit.

Also It seems like when i export my songs after recording them to mp3. It sounds like i am loosing a bit of quality. I can hear it when i play the instrumental, then i play the song i just recorded.

Also It seems like when i export my songs after recording them to mp3. It sounds like i am loosing a bit of quality. I can hear it when i play the instrumental, then i play the song i just recorded.

I'm pretty sure that that is because AA converts the mp3 to a wave internally and then converts it back to an mp3 when you save.

Hence the loss of quality.

To achieve file size reduction MP3 codecs discard audio information. While some actions, splitting a file, trimming a file, etc. can be done on some MP3 editors without reencoding the data anything that effects audio attributes necessitates re-encoding . . . that re-encoding alters, discards additional audio data

that is simply the nature of a lossy codec

the way around it is work with, edit with a full spectrum file (i.e. 'wav') save that and convert to MP3 only once for distribution. If additional edits are required you return to the 'wav' file and encode that to MP3, not MP3 to new MP3.

and generally speaking, with regard to 44.1 Vs 48, there is no reason to not record @ the sampling rate (e.g. 44.1) of the distribution product, though currently it does not, on a practical basis make all that much difference (to the end listener). I regularly record music @ 48k hz for video projects that is then converted to 44.1 for CD and vice versa. I typically make some effort to have as few conversions in final product as possible but don't go out of my way to track multiple takes at different sampling rates.

Last edited:
and generally speaking, with regard to 44.1 Vs 48, there is no reason to not regard @ the sampling rate (e.g. 44.1) of the distribution product, though currently it does not, on a practical basis make all that much difference (to the end listener).

Everything oretez says is true.

I probably should have clarified that when it comes to 48k using Audition I would generally opt for 44.1 because of Audition's performance. That is if you need to be doing a lot of editing at close range (zoomed right in) then you will find that doing that with a few 48k files in multitrack may be a little slugish.

so overall leave it at 44.1

also does something like t-racks work with adobe audition and is it any good?

and whats the best way to save a song when its all done, for distribution.

Last edited:
HEY there is a button when you exporting out that says OPTIONS click that and you can actually save in "higher quality" MP3 . If you must do mp3.

Back