Adk 51st initial report

Jonkan

So I recieved the ADK 51st mic yesterday and played with it for a couple of hours. It's an large diaphragm condenser with 3patterns (card, omni, fig8). It came with a shockmount, but no case, just a vinyl pouch. For the price I paid (~190$), I didnt expect a case anyway.
First impressions:
It feels sturdy and looks great. Its a bit heavier than the 51s, and feels more rigid. I havent opened it up yet, so I can't say anything about the electronics inside.
On the body (and on the box) I find a sticker that says: "made in china"
so there's no lying about the origin here... :)
What really confuses me though is the spec. sheet.
It says "FET and Tube circuitry" (?). On the body it says "Class A solid state"
Larry! whats up with that?
Anyway...How does it sound?
I plug it in and power up the ole' phantom. Then i start wailing in it. Im no singer by any means, but damn It sounds good compared to my akg c3000. Really good I mean...perhaps theres a little too much information in the 12-15k area on some sources (on my harmonica for example). And then i really mean very little, and thats something thats easily taken care of with an eq. This is instant "big boy" sound for me, I can't wait to try it on a real singer ;)
A big step up from the c3000, and to me definately comparable to the expensive neumann mics i have heard in my friends studio (u47fet and u89).
I also tried it on bongos, and acoustic guitar, and the results were great. I actualy liked the sound on bongos better with the Adk than results ive gotten with the u89 (atleast when comparing them in my head ;) )
Now I got to run, I have to play with this baby some more...
/Jonas H

Back