Adding .wav in Hotstepper

arch_jedi

Hotstepper needs 16bit, 44,100 khz wav files only...well I have a ton of wav samples I want to add...adding is easy enough, but they all sound garbled when played in Hotstepper. I opened them all in winamp and most are different kbps and all were 44khz...is there a program I can convert these wav samples to 16bit and 44,100khz so that Hotstepper recognizes and plays them normally?

Btw, I'm glad I stumbled across these forums....I've been looking to get into home recording for a while now. I read in 1 of these threads about a simple to use drum kit called Hotstepper. So far I'm having a blast with it.. <---easily ammused...Long time musician (all instruments:piano,guitar,drums,sax,flute,clarinet blah blah) and singer here:)
You'll be seeing many more of my n00b questions as I set up my simple studio hehe.(obviously not for commercial purposes...only to record basic sounding songs...I'm a songwriter and I need to get the basic tracks down for playback purposes)

i am the person mentioning hotstepper to lots of folks here. as youve discovered its powerfull. notice also in hotstepper how you can "tune"
samples. (very powerfull in the mixer along the bottom).
i would look at hitsquad.com for rate convertors. nothing is going to be PERFECT ive found in the past. one thing you might consider is taking the line out of one PC into a line in of another pc and recording the sample afresh
in the second pc at 16 bit 44.1`then burning it on cd. then bring the cd back into the first pc once all the samples are in 16 bit 44.1.
i know its time consuming to do this. and probably a bit of noise will be introduced. but i think youll find its the best solution.
but you could always use noise reduction software to clean the sample gently.
you should also consider what i do. you could go out into the country and record on a portable device animal sounds, or in the city urban sounds
(eg fire engines, traffic, sirens, people). the opportunities are endless.
also fyi if you look on the net you can buy libraries of effects CD's,
instrument CD's and industrial sounds.
hope this helps.

Back