Adding to recording after mixdown with CEP

downonthestreet

I've finished editing an interview I recorded initially on multitrack view and mixed down (cut bits out, did some NR and compressing, and am now happy with the result)...BUT...

I now want to add a bit of talking at the end after the interview formally finishes, and put some intro music in before the interview starts, but when I change to multitrack view, the mixed down recording does not appear.

How do I get the mixed down recording to show up in multitrack view so I can do the intro music and end VO on different tracks, then put these additions in the right positions relative to the currently mixed-down interview, so I can then mix the lot down to finish, pls?

Cheers

You can import the .wav files by selecting "Insert/Audio Files" in Multitrack View and browsing for the mixdown. If it's a stereo mixdown, you'll get a singe track configured as a stereo pair. From there you can add the music and additional commentary.

You can move the track "downstream" to place introductory music ahead of it in time if the hybrid in the tool bar is activated.

I don't remember if it was possible in Cool Edit but there are a lot of Mix Down options in A. Audition.
Some of them allow you to insert the file to Mulititrack View or Edit View automatically after mix down.
Anyway, after mix down, new file stays in file list on the left.
You can drag it to Multitrack as well.
There is an option "Bounce to New Track"
It’s possible to mark part of session and bounce chosen tracks to new track.

Back