Adding effects to a very small part of song

If you use one of the DX8 effects, you can add an effects envelope to the track. Using the envelope, set the wet/dry ratio to 0% for most of the song, and then raise it for just the part you want to add effects.

Other than that, the only way I can think is to cut the part you want effected and move it to another track. Then add the effect to that track.

Of course, there are probably a lot of other ways if you want to go with destructive edits (such as bringing the "clip" you want effected into a wave editor). I'm assuming, though, that you want a non-destructive approach.

Hmmm... just thought of maybe another way. Add the effect to an Aux Bus, then put a "send" envelope on the track. Keep the send setting at 0, until you reach the point where you want to add the effects, and then raise the envelope to the setting you desire, and lower again to 0 afterwards. (I think you can put a send envelope on a Track - if not, I know you can put one on the Aux Bus itself).

Those are my thoughts. Anyone else have ideas?

You can also just select the section of audio in question by placing two split points and selecting the area between, and just apply the effect to the selection.

Back