Adding Audio track in Cubase to hear guitar?

guystudio

c.jpg

Hi all, I'm trying to hear my guitar, plugged into a Scarlett Studio usb audio interface, and the first step seems to be to add an audio track in Cubase - but no buttons appear, which would allow me to do this, any suggestions very appreciated thankyou

I don't have Cubase loaded on this computer, so going by memory...

Devices> Device Setup...> VST Audio System > Select your interface's ASIO driver.

then

Devices> VST Connections> Add the Input channels of your interface. For the Scarlett Studiom, it's probably one or two channels. Do the same for the Output.

Create a track and select the appropriate channel. and Mono or Stereo. Tip: Mics are mono.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chili is correct.

That looks like Cubase 5 so I pulled up LE 5.

I cannot replicate that 'Add Audio Track' window missing the buttons even with no driver connected in VST Audio System.

I would suggest first deleting/trashing your preferences folder and then restart Cubase so it creates a fresh set. Strange things can happen with Cubase if the preferences get corrupted. It happens...

Let me know if this works for you. :)

thanks for your help guys, I've got to the part where the Inputs screen is up (outputs has the same settings) - 1.jpg - I'm connectin an electric guitar with your typical cable directly into the scarlett, still no luck but I must be getting close?

you need to create a track now. It should be mono. Then select which ever channel you plugged your guitar into.

Back