adding a piezo to an electric guitar

JR#97

How hard would it be to add a piezo to my Musicman Sillouette guitar? I don't want to fork out for the new Musicman guitars with the built in piezo... so why not just add a piezo?

that's a damn good question for your local hot-shot luthier. i bought the sillouette special w/ piezo and it's just a badass guitar. i really like my mm axis also.

i think it'll be very expensive to install though. i'd contact ernie ball also and see if they would install it for you.

6gun said:
that's a damn good question for your local hot-shot luthier. i bought the sillouette special w/ piezo and it's just a badass guitar. i really like my mm axis also.

i think it'll be very expensive to install though. i'd contact ernie ball also and see if they would install it for you.

Yeah, I asked the local... he said Ernie Ball does not do or supply parts for custom jobs like that. What controls does the Sillouette with piezo have? extra 1/4" output or do they share?

the sillouette special has 2 dedicated inputs and treble/bass controls built into a block of hardware that would have to be routed to fit a non-piezo model. not pretty if you're looking at that option.

Back