Adding a mixer, Aardvark Q10

Rick Charming

Hello everyone,

I've been recording for about five years, have finally bought a house, and I'm converting my entire finished basement into my studio. It's a huge jump from my tiny bedroom!

I'm running an Aardvark Q10 and have been happy with it for a long. Is there an advantage to me running a mixer (Mackie?) along with the Aardvark? Up until now I've used the faders inside of Cubase to control everything.

What is everyone else doing in this situation? Or is it time to upgrade the Aardvark?

Cheers,
-Rick

Im not familiar with the Q10. But I am with Mackie stuff. My question is do you want to mix out of the box (software) or use actual sliders and knobs ? What Mackie stuff are you looking at ? Do you plan one using the mixer away from home. I ask because the Mackie Onyx series mixers with firewire come in various flavors and mods. If you want to mix on the actual mixer then a modded Mackie will get the job done rather nicely. They come with the very good Onyx pre-amps plus Perkins Eq's. Let me know what you are looking at. I can go all day about the Mackie 1640.

Hi! I'd really like to have a mixing board to mix on at some point. I've been mixing out of the box for a long time.

Can I hook up a convential mixing board or do I need to buy a special board? What is the interface between it? I'm really confused on that part.

I'm not taking it outside the studio for recording. Everything that comes down here stays. Thanks!

Back