Add Equalisation to a recorded track

Terfyn

I have an MR16. Is it possible to add equalisation post recording? If I connect the AUX out to the Input, can I then apply EQ to the recorded track? (Example record Track 1 to Track 2 with EQ added)

I have an MR16. Is it possible to add equalisation post recording? If I connect the AUX out to the Input, can I then apply EQ to the recorded track? (Example record Track 1 to Track 2 with EQ added)

I would be very surprised if you couldn't add EQ to the current track without re-recording anything. Most recorders won't allow you to add EQ permanently during recording so that you can make adjustments after... But once the track is laid down "dry", you should be able to add "salt" to taste.

The MR16 only allows the use of the 33 EQ options on live input before recording.

I'm not doubting you, but are you sure? That's highly unusual, and not great... Sorry then, I'll need to leave this question to others who have the machine. I'm using a VF160.

I've looked at the description and the owners manual on the Fostex website. It does appear to me that the EQ is limited to the so-called 33 EQ presets. It is also described as input EQ. Although I find it hard to believe it does seem that the EQ is only available on the inputs and only at input (recording)

Back