ADATs

jake23 said:
Bruce - one more thing. I've got long RCA to RCA cables with 1/4 inch adapters connecting the mixer.

Could this be the problem? Would the Elco to 16 1/4s fix this problem?

thanks
j
Well... I doubt it... it still sounds like a mixer routing issue.... seriously... try Alesis phone support.

Bruce

I'm using the direct ins & outs for each track from mixer to adat to mixer. I'm pretty sure everything is wired up right.

any thoughts on the LRC problem I mentioned above?
thanks
J

E]Originally posted by jake23

any thoughts on the LRC problem I mentioned above?
thanks
J
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.... not sure what you mean - I didn't see any mention of an LRC problem in your posts? Can you repeat it???

(LRC being the Little Remote Control provided with an ADAT...)

Bruce

sorry about that. I had included it in two emails to Alesis, I thought I had mentioned it previously.

The LRC completely stopped working on two separate recording sessions. I was doing nothing to the adat or the mixer and it started rewinding to Locate 1. I had not touched it by accident. After the rewind I noticed the Auto Record & Rehearse lights were on. I'm positive I did not hit anything on the LRC. I powered down and repowered and it did not work. The next day, the LRC worked until midway through a recording session... with nothing happening it started rewinding to a locate point and the LRC did not respond. I noticed after this time that the middle line in the Locate number was flashing. the middle dash in 3, the middle part of 5. I again powered down and repowered with no effect. I haven't checked it in two days... but I'm sure this will be another Alesis issue... it's plugged into the correct outlet on the back of the ADAT.
any thoughts?
thanks for all of your help

Yeah... I've had a similar issue - I have cable extensions on my LRCs. During a session this one time, same wierd behavior as you describe... I checked my extension connection and it was loose - I jiggled it and the problem diappeared - I looked at the cable more closely and found a crack - when I specifically moved the broken section of cable, Auto Record and Rehearse lights went on, and the unit started autowinding. I changed the cable and the problem disappeared............

Check your cables for breaks!

Bruce

thanks bruce,
I appreciate the insight. I'll take a look at the cable. it was shipped to me brand new, so perhaps there was a manufacturer defect.

On the Mixer/adat issue, I did talk to Alesis and they said it is definitely a mixer issue. I'll have to get it looked at.
thanks for your help
j

picking up ghost tracks

When you go to record on your next track make sure
that you Aux Send are turned down, they can pick-up
the previous track and mix your new and previous tracks together.

G-Man

Back