ADAT XT20 Fried I/O -A/D

GBorsuk

I just got a used XT20 with about 35 hours on it. I put 10 hours on it and all of a sudden it powered off while recording. Smelt some smoke and opened it up and above the A/D analog inputs i see a dark burn mark on the upper lid. Looks like a transistor went. Has this happened to anyone? I also purchased a second unit used (30) hours on it and it had the probelm already (did not pay much for that unit) These were both new in 1999 and the part number on the A/D is 9-40-1361-D make in 6/99.

I will try to get this to an ADAT repair shop, but its weird that the unit did this. I have 2 other units that are older and nothing happened with them for the last 100+ hours.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks.

George :eek:

Really? 2 units and the exact same problem? Dont know what the chances of that are, unless the parts had something wrong with them before. I could see if it has 1200 hours or so, but 45 and 32 for these units, they are new!

George.

Got my units up and running. The caps on the A/D/A borad blew and caused the trace to be burnt and the transistor for power regulation.

Both had same problem, so it was defective Caps. You will know if this happens to you, you will see big black burn mark on the top cover of the case!

Its no biggie to fix.

George.

Back