ADAT soundcards??

Tukkis

Hey

I will be getting a digital mixer in the near future (any suggestions?) and I wanted to use ADAT lightpipe to record from the mixer to the computer.

Are they any soundcards that just have ADAT optical inputs and outputs? Also I need midi ins and outs.

I could use my current soundcard which has analog inputs/outputs but I feel that would defeat the whole purpose of having a digital mixer.

Also I posted another thread but no one responded about control surfaces. Could I use the digital mixer also as a control surface in the audio app? I've heard that Sonar works but I've only seen a few mixers that are compatible.

Has anyone got their digital mixer to work as a control surface to adjust volume,pans etc?

Thanks heaps
Tukkis

Last edited:
I use a MOTU 2408 mkII (the mkIII is out now). Twenty-four channels of ADAT in/out, twenty-four channels of T/DIF in/out plus 8 analog ins and outs not to mention S/PDIF in and out. It works for me.

Track Rat that looks really good. Sounds like you've got a good setup. It's a bit out of my league though price wise here is Oz. That also looks like it's got analog ins and outs as well which I don't need.

Are there any with just a PCI card and the ADAT ins and outs on the card? I don't really need a breakout box either.

Tukkis

You're looking for Terratec EWS88D. It's got the adat, spdif and midi interfaces and it's cheap compared to the Motu.

Back