adat question

Flick

i have a yamaha 01v with the adat option MY8-AT card...it says it is for hoookup with 8 track recorders...can it be hooked into my sound card (also with the adat option)? i having trouble getting sound, and troubleshooting...any help would be huge!

You can definately connect one to a mixer. Your sound card too if it is indeed an ADAT optical input rather than a TOSLINK input. Mechanicly, they're identical but TOSLINK is two track S/PDIF and of course ADAT is 8 tracks of Lightpipe. Two different animals.

With adat as with all digital connection one of the machines must act as the master and the other as the slave that synchronizes itself to the incoming signal otherwise it won't work. See the manuals of your gear for details how to set it as master or slave. Adat signal itself includes timing information so you don't need no worldclocks if you connect only two machines together. In your case you probably have both adat cables connected so it won't matter which one is the master but normally its better to set the one that transmits the signal as master. I've had no problems while connecting Fostex VF16 multitracker or VM88 mixer to Terratec EWS88D soundcard.

pete!

aha! you have an ews88d sound card too! wow...

yes that is the sound card i am connecting too...i have completely uninstalled the drivers and about to reinstall the drivers again. i get no sound at all! are there special setting on ews card that get sound?

Back