ADAT Error 7

Questor

About a year and ahalf ago I bought an ADAT, due to moving and house renovation, it has been in the box until a few days ago. Upon my first time trying to use it (I formatted a tape and was working on the first take of the first track) I was given Error 7, the head cleaning error... is it that simple? It has never been used, can the heads have collected crud sitting in the original packaging?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Questor:
About a year and ahalf ago I bought an ADAT, due to moving and house renovation, it has been in the box until a few days ago. Upon my first time trying to use it (I formatted a tape and was working on the first take of the first track) I was given Error 7, the head cleaning error... is it that simple? It has never been used, can the heads have collected crud sitting in the original packaging?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
if the machine collected moisture,it may have head corrosion,but i would try another tape first,i have gotten error 7 from defective tape,and i have had a few in the 4500 hours i have racked up on my blackface since i have had it.....good luck....les

Back