Adaptec 4300 pleasantly surprised

bluelonestar

This is to clarify what type of chipset the Adaptec 4300 pci firewire card has.

I did a search on here and read on a few different threads that the Adaptec 4300 firewire pci card has a Texas Instruments chipset and is highly recommended. So to verify I went to adaptecs website and a bunch of other online retailers and couldnt find out what type of chipset it has. So based on the recommendations on here, i bought one today at Best Buy and to my surprise it has an NEC chipset.

I own a presonus firepod and their website states that NEC chipset firewire cards are NOT compatible with the firepod.
However, i played back more than 20 tracks flawlessly and recorded our entire rehearsal today without any problems whatsoever. i am pleasantly surprised(and confused.)

I own a firewire card with a TX Instruments chipset, but bought the adaptec 4300 for my bassists computer. Right now i have proof that it works - and i hope it lasts.

bluelonestar said:
I own a presonus firepod and their website states that NEC chipset firewire cards are NOT compatible with the firepod.
However, i played back more than 20 tracks flawlessly and recorded our entire rehearsal today without any problems whatsoever. i am pleasantly surprised(and confused.)

NEC probably revved their chipset....

Back