ADAM S2-As.......

Blue Bear Sound

Well... my S2-As came in today.......... I mounted them and hit the power switch....................

SD on the Masterlink (via Lucid converters) and sat down to have a listen................ all I can say is HOLY FRIGGIN FUCK!!!!!!!

Can you say open, spacious, big, sweet and rich-sounding?

Wow........ the B&Ws sound so small in comparison, even though physically they're about the same size!

It really is incredible.... you hear so much!! Reverb tails, mid-range detail, solid but completely smooth & tight bass.........

I actually heard a bad bass bit in SD's "Jack of Speed" from TAN that I never noticed before.... in the intro, there's a TWACK from overfingering a phrase........

If any of you have a store nearby, you owe it to yourself to check 'em out...... the only downside is the price tag!

Aren't they the ones who say something in their ad questioning if you heard a particular noise in a Beatle track ("you will now")?

That ad activates my drooling mechanism.

Speaking of bad bass notes and Beatle tracks. "Nowhere Man" anyone?

What is the price tag on these beauties?

Stunning monitors and Sos did a great review on them.
I am at a dilemma myself , cannot decide between the S2a or the PMC TB2a.......my head's boucing on this one.

vestast said:
Blue Bear - Does Steve's have a pair on the floor (assuming that's where you got them) ?
Steve's doesn't have them on the floor - I believe because of ADAMs distribution policy in Canada, Steve's can only order the P-series, not the S-series.

I dealt with Francois at Studio Economik in Montreal after talking to Eric Prevost (the distributor for ADAM product in Canada.)

That's too bad, I would have liked to have heard them. It sure is frustrating the amount of equipment that we have to special order up here. :-(

vestast said:
That's too bad, I would have liked to have heard them. It sure is frustrating the amount of equipment that we have to special order up here. :-(
That's absolutely true.... unless you're a huge fan of Behringer and their ilk, most stores stock that stuff plentifully! Most of the real gear, though - has to be ordered in......

You're welcome to drop by the studio though, if you want to hear them - just give me a shout and we can arrange a time......

That would be awesome. Thank you very much for the invite ! I'll send you a PM this evening when I'm at home and set up a time.

Thanks again Blue Bear.

Dave

Blue Bear Sound said:
Well... my S2-As came in today.......... I mounted them and hit the power switch....................

SD on the Masterlink (via Lucid converters) and sat down to have a listen................ all I can say is HOLY FRIGGIN FUCK!!!!!!!

Can you say open, spacious, big, sweet and rich-sounding?

Wow........ the B&Ws sound so small in comparison, even though physically they're about the same size!

It really is incredible.... you hear so much!! Reverb tails, mid-range detail, solid but completely smooth & tight bass.........

I actually heard a bad bass bit in SD's "Jack of Speed" from TAN that I never noticed before.... in the intro, there's a TWACK from overfingering a phrase........

If any of you have a store nearby, you owe it to yourself to check 'em out...... the only downside is the price tag!

Hey! you posted this exact same text in another post!

Your probably the only one is Canada that has monitors worth more than thier console :)

DOH!

I forgot that anyone with a Behringer MX9000 throws that idea down the turd collector.....

regarless of the monitors their using!:eek:

Just joking around... Congratulations :) :)

Gear Slut!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p SoMm

Re: Re: ADAM S2-As.......

Son of Mixerman said:
Your probably the only one is Canada that has monitors worth more than thier console :)
Yeah - now I can REALLY hear the deficiencies!!! :D :D

But just wait until that Baby Oxford comes in!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had the pleasure of visiting Blue Bear Studios today and Bruce wasn't kidding when he said "Holy Friggin Fuck". They sounded awesome !

It was really cool to sit and listen to some tunes and shoot the shit for a couple of hours, and the studio looks and sounds awesome !

If anyone has a opportunity to audition the Adams, they should..

Dave

You have a pair of ADAM S2's?

I hate you! :mad:

I want a pair so bad!, but I'm just not ready to shell out the cash just yet.

Congrats Bear. I know those monitors a amazing.

Back