Adam instead of Dynaudio

trifidmaster

Until now I had a pair of BM5As with BM9S what resulted in very flat response in my acoustically treated room.
Due to some facts I moved my studio out from this room, and set it up in another smaller room. In that smaller room the BM5As were OK - I did not need the sub.
SO far so good, but recently I have swapped the BM5A + BM9S fro the new BM6A MKIIs. They were running quite a time (to burn them in), but they really do not sound acceptable.

I just can not get good sound from them - the percussions are very strange on them, for example. The room is OK acoustically. Perhaps the BM6MKIIs are too big and need a certain volume level. Or anything else?

Anyhow I am looking towards the Adams. Any comment on them?

There is no problem with the smaller room, it was OK for the BM5As. The sound of the BM6AMKII is just bad for the moment.

Any comment is welcome.

trif.

So I take it this means you do nothave the BM5a's any more to try them in your new space? I had BM6's for a while, but do not know much about the mk2's. Maybe you actually have a bad pair? Maybe there is a possible cabling issue? It seems weird that the BM6's would not sound good where the BM5's did. My expereince has always been that the BM5's sounded OK, but the 6's always sounded a bit better. My experience with the BM6's has also been that they are good at doing varying volumes without changing much, but I did not have actives, I prefer passive monitors.

As for the ADAM's, there seem to be a lot of good reviews on the ADAM A7's. These are the ADAM's that I have the least experience with. I personally have never cared for the small ADAM's much, but form the S3a and up they sound amazing. What I have noticed with ADAM is that they are kind of the opposite as far as user response than Dynaudio. With ADAM people either seem to love them or hate them. There seems to be very few people who have used them that take the middle ground. With Dynaudio it seems that people either love them or just regular like them, if that makes sense. What I have noticed with a lot of Dynaudio users is that they go through a period where they almost get bored with them and want to try something new. They usually end up back.

If you are one of the people who really takes to the ADAM sound though, you will undoubtably be very happy with them. I like the way ADAM operates as a company, and when I decide I want a thrid set of larger monitors, a set of ADAM S3a's will be high on my list:)

:cool:Yo TRIFID:

I have the Adam A7s--very, very good monitors. The Adam units are about my 4th set of monitors and THEY are the first ACTIVE monitors I've owned.

Clear, might be the word for them. Since I got them, I have not turned one dial on either speaker--just playing via my 1600 Yam at mixing time. I always thought the 8 inch monitor was better than smaller; I have to think I was wrong in that thinking.

My former monitors were the Event SP, passive; quite nice but not even close to the Adam A7s--KRK passives before were about as good as the Events, and before that, Alesis--just speakers with little oomph.

But, why don't you take a trip to a vendor and listen to some monitors as well as the Adam.

BTW: There is no deal on the Adam monitors. You can call all the vendors and the price is the same, but, some will give you free shipping.

I don't think I'll need an upgrade for some time.

Green Hornet:)

Back