Acoustic tune

What a sweet tune. Great job by the players and you did a great job tracking and mixing it. I got no nits on this one. I feel like I'm listening a CD I just bought (and I'd be glad I bought it)!

Agreed - top notch recording and mix. And wonderful performance which I'm sure made this a pleasure to work on. !!!!

Great voice. Great playing, great song. Done real nice with this one.

Thanks for sharing.

(If it becomes a download, let us know!!)

What can I say, great song, great job. A sort of a James Taylor, David Crosby sound, at least to my ears.

Really awesome. I couldn't find anything wrong with this if I tried. Great sounds, performance, voice....everything. It's like listening to a hit song on the radio.

Thanks for the listen fellas. Amazing that the better the players and instruments, the better my recordings. And alot less work. But you guys know that already.

Great song, great recording, great performance, great mix.
I agree with the others that there's really nothing wrong here that needs fixing.

Great stuff... if the guitars could have some cross ambience, so they didn't sound so panned opposite of each other? The guitars sound a little closer..."forward" in the mix as compared to the ld vocal. Funny I just said that in another thread. The wonderful bass sound appears to be "back", probably like you'd see live. Maybe that's good, but a Jaco bass with this stuff is a tad different as well. Seems less interest was taken in the bass in the total scope of the mix, although it starts off sounding good at the source.

Top notch, well done!

Wonderful tune, very well performed. The mix is on the slightly bright "to midrange" side IMO ... not too bad, but enough to raise the needle on my "wince meter" slightly. It's not as noticeable in the guitar(s) (which are supposed to sound bright) as it is in the vocal ... where the midrange "elevation" is more apparent -- particularly as the vocal gets strong and is joined in harmony.

Like I said, not too bad, but my ears noticed. Also, a bright/midrange tone to a mix can be the result of compression. I'd back off a bit on that and see if it changes the sound. Either way, a mastering engineer could easily smooth things out.

Last edited:
I agree. There could be some cross ambiance in the guitars. The vocals might be just the tiniest bit too dry. Note... this is being really picky.. Excellent tune

Beautiful song and recording.

Sounds good as is. I liked the guitar panning when listening on speakers. On a second listen w/headphones I liked hearing the increased separation and it still sounded just right to me.

Minor thing... The vocal is very dynamic (kudos for tracking it that way) but at louder vocal spots the mix might sound smoother with an upper-mids EQ reduction on the vocal. Automation is great for that.

Back