acoustic guitars

Hi Everybody,

Wow! I didn't realize they had jumped in
price so much ! I own a Lowden, but dream
of an Olson someday. - Thanks for the update
on their availabilty and price.

Chuck

chuck
I saw a live concert of james taylor on the television and he played a 'olson' the whole show. MY friend went to see him when he came down under and yes an olson there also. on the olson website he has often been mentioned as a olson player.:D

Hi Peter,

Yes, he found his sound in the Olson
arena. I'm sure Mr Olson appreciates
the exposure; his price sure does
reflect it - ha. - I have played a Lowden
now for three years. It is a real sweet
instrument too. I play it through Bose
802s, with a 5 db cut to the 1k.

Chuck

I will agree with Buck62.

Seagull is a good deal for the money. I have owed one for about 2 1/2 years and realy love it. The one thing that I will point out though is that you have to check out each one. When I bought mine, there was a noticable difference in sound of each guitar. I just plaed each one and selected the one that sounded best to me. The only caveat I have with the spruce top is that the wood is very soft. I have a few dings in mine that would not have shown up with a different wood and finish. However, this does not affect the great sound that comes from the guitar (Plugged and unplugged).

The lowdens are great guitars as well. I had the chance to pick one of those bad boys quite a few years ago at a guitar convention and totally fell in love with it. I have dreamed of owning one ever since. But alas, it is still a dream.

For reference on the sound of a Lowden, the group Acoustic Alchemy uses one. They also use a variety of other guitars that they use. I can tell when the Lowden is being played. It is a great instrument.

Hi JC,

Best wishes. Thank you for the encouraging
comments on the Lowdens. I really love
the instrument. The live sound is nice and
fat too.

Chuck

Back