Acoustic guitars and drums-My first

snapping with snapper. welcome to the clinic. I dig your tune. good playing and vocals. I'll let the pros go with the recording, but it sounds pretty damn good to me. Vocals could be more out front for me, but that's me. Do more my friend.

dtb

Sounds great Snapper! Both performance and sound.

The sound of the acoustics (albeit rather loud in the mix, which is a good thing btw) is grrrrrrreat. The semisolo is excellent. It could use a little more low end, though. Hihat seems a bit loud.

Keep 'm coming! :D

Hey man...WELCOME OUT OF THE SHADOWS..lol.

You sing with conviction, and the harmonies are great...discordant at times, but they fit.

Dude, I think you've got a pretty good mix going on. I don't like the snare much (no balls...sounds fake - maybe it's just got a lot of high end in it?).

Regardless, who really notices a snare anyway besides dorks like me that hang out here.

I almost NEVER critique songwriting, b/c I think that's a pretty personal artistic choice kinda' thing. If you've achieved what you set out for, then you've succeeded...but I'm making an exception here... I totally hate "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE FINE." It just cheapens the tune **to me**

I have no idea why I'm picking this song to pick on, lol...it's a good tune; maybe that's why. It could be excellent.

cheers,
-another nobody :D

Nice music. I liked the tune. The guitars sounded pretty nice. I liked the layers. The harmonies sounded real nice, however I didn't like the harmonies that hung on notes longer than the melody. In my opinion it's a rare case where that works.

I liked the little guitar riff/solo. Sounded good and it was a real good part.

A minor vocal sync issue at 1:55 - a very small one at 1:36. Were the harmonies supposed to do that at :13-:15? Sounded a little weird.

The bass gets covered up in many spots. When it gets through it sounds sweet.

I agree with chrisharris in that the lyrics could use some work in spots.

Thanks for the feedback on this song.

chrisharris- I appreciate your comments on the "oh my god" bit' I've never been that comfortable with that part. But I've done it so long now I lost all perspective. Actually I've changed the vocals around so many times over the last six months I'm not sure how they originally went. It never felt quite right so I kept adding, changing ,adding. I think maybe lees is more here. This song has been on the desk for months now and needs to get off, I dont have much motivation for it anymore. I'm going to take all comments to heart and just get this finished and move on.
Thanks again, Mike.

Great sounding guitars and harmonies. Great song, too, musically. I generally don't get in lyrics a lot unless i read them. (English is not my born language, remember?) but when I heard what chriss said, I have to say that I agree.

To me the drums were a bit weak, need to be bigger, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway it's a great recording. Loved the arpeggiated guitars.

With what kind of mics did you record guitars? They sound really great.

Saludos

Great song. Recording sounds good to me...vocals are the best thing about it for me. And i have to disagree:D , I love how you say "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE FINE" i wouldn't change a thing...but i'm just another "nobody" with 4 posts to my name:D so take it with a grain of salt. Loved the song though..

Back