Acoustic Departure

cmhansen

I've been working on the idea for this song for quite awhile but never really thought of doing anything about it 'cause I'm primarily a solo guitar player. ....But, I decided to do a collab with a another guitarist I've met on the net.

I've done the backing guitars and the leads that you hear and I'm waiting for the other guitarist to see what he can do with the remaining open spots that I left. This has not been mastered in anyway, except for some minor EQ and a dose of reverb.

Just want to hear some opinions on the guitaring and the composition if you have the time.

'Dance Of The Spanish Maiden'

Thanks for the listens in advance. :D

This is really nice--well recorded--nice reverb there.There seem to be some timing issues at certain points with the leads at the really speedy parts in the middle.Other than that beautiful tune--the rhythm is played very nicely--you have the Barcelona thing going on...can't wait to hear the final product.
P.S.--Listened to Simple Souls--wow--awesome.Very nice stuff

dolod44, thanks for the listen and the kind words. Yeah, while the first part and last part of the piece was mostly worked out in advance, that little part in the middle was more of a improvisation. I recorded that lead part about three times and just took the one that sounded best to me. Although there was some pieces in the others that sounded better. Maybe should have cut and paste a little. :D Again thanks.

Yeah, I like 'Simple Souls' too. :D

liked the other ones much better. Still isn't bad just not my cup a tea!
very nice playing sounds like some open tunings going on. very talented!

Thanks Slipp. Most all my guitar stuff is done in DADGAD. That's the airyneess that you hear. Yeah, this piece is a departure musically for me really. I used to play like this a long time ago when I was in a duo group. But I had to turn to the solo stuff when things did'nt work out.

I know what you mean about the not your cup of tea thing. There is some styles of music that really don't move me in anyway, either. Unless it's revulsion. :D

Thanks for everyone who has listened. ;)

Don't get me wrong about the cup of tea thing. I meant that for the first song the spanish one, but the other 2 I liked them very much. Those are my cup of teas!

Nice...

F***ing hell. That is absolutely beutiful man. Makes me want to pull out my Al-Di Meola (et.al.) Live in SanFrancisco cds again

Awesome, way way awesome
Ben.

Slipp said:
Little Habanero and Silent souls now thats my cup of tea!

Yeah, no problem, I understood what you meant. That's one thing about the internet I don't really like. Misunderstanding between people.

And thanks for the kind words about Little Habanero and Simple Souls. ;)

bendbones said:
F***ing hell. That is absolutely beutiful man. Makes me want to pull out my Al-Di Meola (et.al.) Live in SanFrancisco cds again

Awesome, way way awesome
Ben.

Thanks Ben. Al Di Meola is one of my favorite guitarist. I like John McClaughlin's technique but there's something about Al's passion in his solos that get me. That SF CD is one of my favorites.

I like the tone quality of this. :) It's balanced between rich and bright but there's nothing edgy about it. The verb is nicely done.

Tim

Nice sound

Full rich guitars, clean recording, and great content. The style is def my cup of tea. I love to play an accoustic folksy classical style myself. I can really get into this tune.

All 3 pieces are extremely enjoyable. The mix is interesting; the mids are a bit scooped but it sounds good that way.

May I ask what your chain is (including guitar) ?

Thanks for the listens Tim, undrgrnd studio and David.

I was actually pretty surprised at the tone of the Taylor when I flatpicked this piece. I don't think I tweaked it much more than just adding a little mid into the flatpicked part. Don't remember what I did with the background guitar though. As for the chain, as afore mentioned Taylor 710, MXL 67 (2), Delta 66 Omni Studio, Dell computer with an old version of Logic.

Thanks again. And thanks for listening to the other tunes too. ;)

Back