Acoustic: As You

incursio

Here is tune I wrote a few years back, and am just beginning to lay some tracks down on it. Another "one-take wonder" - lol - with the exception of some quick and dirty vocal overdubs, of course.

Takamine G Series acoustic electric - mic'd with a AT 4033 - vocals done with the same mic.

As always, all feedback and suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance for your ear ...

Cheers.
Scott

A couple comments.
Very clean tracking. Do you use a mic pre amp? Should I?

On a production and song level. You might toy with the notion of useing a different texture on the backup/refrain tracks. Maybe double the picking git and pan each to either side to fill the soundscape out. Maybe fill out the arrangment by picking through the progression without vocals (or with some "ooh" backup)

I wouldn't normally step on your choices so much but, you alluded to the fact that this was a prototype.

Nice tracking and playing.

P.S. Don't rush your vocal phrasing at the begging of each verse.

Damn, don't I just know it all

Thanks for the comments, Theron. :)

In terms of mic preamps, I use the internal pre's on my DAW (Yamaha AW4416). So far, they seem okay.

I like your suggestions - aactually, already planning on looking at working them into another tune I'm recording - the problem with this song, though, is that there really isn't a chorus - its meant to be just a short ditty to fill in a track on the album I'm working on (every album should have at least 1, right?) :D

I might try doing something a bit different with the 2nd vocal track though - perhaps some harmony, or slight delay ....

Cheers.
Scott

For some reason, my player won't play ANYTHING right now. :(

I'll listen up as soon as I figure out the problem.

Buck

Back