Acid pro

kevinfellows85

Hi
I have some old tracks that have been mixed in acid pro4 a while back. Now have the urge to re-mix them again in cubase SX3. I dont see any OMF exporting functions in Acid Pro4, I was just curious, does Acid Pro5 have this function? Or if not, can an acid file be opened in Vagas? and maybe exported there? If there is that function!?... Or better yet, is there some other kind of format that im not aware of that can achieve what Im looking for?

Oh, by the way... what is an 'Audio Interchange File format' (AIFF) ,I see acid pro has that. (sorry if its a dumb question.... it sounds like it does what it says.)

thanks

I recently upgraded from 4 to 5, but it has way more features than I need so I've been using 4. I've had need to export some Acid projects to Vegas, and the only way I know how to do it can be tedious, especially if you have a lot of tracks.

First I make sure to save any effect settings I know I'll want to use. Then one by one I solo each track (or group of tracks, like if I comp'ed a bass line or something), bypass all fx, bring the fader to zero and render it to a new track in a new folder. When I've done everything, I just import those new tracks into Vegas, reapply my fx and levels, tweak the mix and then render the final track. Long and complicated, but it works.

AIFF is just a different audio file type. It's actually identical to a wav file sonically. You can convert wav's to aiff when you're rendering the track.

Back