Acid pro 7 & Tascam us-144 interface isssues..

EDAN

Hello...

I'm a newbie to PC recording though I'm getting the hang of it...

Prior to getting the Tascam us-144 mkII for xmas I was simply going from a small preamp into the mic input on my laptop and laying down some rough guitar tracks using Amplitube.

Well, today I installed the drivers and set-up the Tascam us-144, plugged my guitar into the guitar input, make sure all switches are in the right position and I can't get it to work. I do get a signal on the meters (both input and output) when I strum the guitar, but no sound through my powered monitors or the headphone jack on the Tascam (actually I get an extremely faint sound through the headphone jack). Adjusting the input level from the Tascam or in Acid doesn't affect the meter signal at all. It just stays the same.

Also the only way for me to get a signal from the Tascam is by changing the Audio Device Type from "ASIO4all v2" to "US-144", but then the rest of my prerecorded tracks don't play back.

And at times I have to unplug the Tascam USB chord from my PC because Acid freezes, as soon as I unplug the chord Acid unfreezes.

Any suggestions?

Edan

Back