Acid Pro 6 Shipping!

Man I dont know,someone give me a reason not to go with Abelton live instead. As an owner of Acid 3 I can get a great price................but still.

Timothy said:
Man I dont know,someone give me a reason not to go with Abelton live instead. As an owner of Acid 3 I can get a great price................but still.
I currently use Live for "spinning" and Acid 4 for production. From my perspective there's no comparison. Even Acid 4 blows Live away as a production tool. And with the new features in Acid 6, I don't think it's a real choice. Get Live if you want to play live. Get Acid 6 if you want a serious production package.

I think I'll get them both :) . I can really do some cool things with abelton and the uc33e. I had an old copy of acid three I loaded and really it is more user friendly to me. Abelton has these tiny little icons against a dark green backdrop,acid has a clean look and is easier to read.

Timothy said:
Abelton has these tiny little icons against a dark green backdrop,acid has a clean look and is easier to read.
Not to mention Acid is a hundred times deeper than Live.

And to anyone who might be interested, here's a big tip to keep things from sounding "Acidized". And this applies to Live as well. Avoid time stretching loops. Work primarily from one shots (discrete samples) instead. After you've decided on a tempo, then you can save your parts as loops so you can easily draw them where you want. But don't change tempo after that. Even if I find a drum loop that I really like, I'll usually replicate it with one shots rather than using it "straight out of the box". This is key to making high quality mixes with Acid. Lots of time stretching gives your mix a canned synthetic sound.

Should get it today

On order,delivery date the 21st,hey thats today!
I was looking for a temporary program to use in the laptop. This seems light on the cpu.As a past owner with a SN I got it for 129.00 us dollars!Rewires with anything that has rewire.Comes with a Kompakt player. I have Kontakt 2 so I can use these sounds.Its a no brainer.

This should do until I get the other setup complete.

i upgraded from acid pro 4. so far, i have to admit, it's not as stable as i'd hoped (i've had some crashes, but i've had some crashes with 4 too). but that's also considering i'm working in version 4 projects with it. i haven't yet started anything fresh in 6. looking forward to that.

the in-line midi editing is a gift from god though, and probably the kicker that made my decision. still looking forward to finally stacking multiple files on single tracks. yesssss!!! no more 50 track projects. the added version of kompact is a nice addition, as i've been looking for a better freeware sampler than "cyberfree", but i still have to experiment with loading wav samples into it.

midi cc envelope editing has been a blessing too, and opens up a new world for me!

i'm stoked to really dig in deep. still adjusting to the interface options though. much happier with the upgrade, and it's reassuring to see a second upgrade in two years. sure beats sonic foundry's pace.

marcus

Just a small update. I am overall pleased with Acid pro 6. A few startup problems. Acid does not know where to look for my exisiting vst instruments. I seem to be having some trouble telling it where they are and when I try to launch one it locks up. I am told from the acid site to either reload those vsts or to reload acid from fellow acid users.
Acid might seem like a simple program on the surface, and it is a very workable program when you adjust to the keystrokes, but underneath the shell dont be fooled Acid is formidable. Take my only other quibble,the 268 page manual that I am trying to get printed because it is in .pdf on the disk. I would have much ratther had a hard copy to read. Better go get those ink cartridges!

I know your going to think I work for Sony, I do not. I just wanted to give a real big thumbs up to the new version 6.0. I have been using it now for sveral weeks. I figured out the VST synth thing,that was user error. I printed up the big manual and just need to get all those pages into the notebook inserts I bought so I can have a hard copy to use.
The ability to mix multiple loops on one track does make the whole process much better.I was initially scared away from acid and all loop based programs because I associated them with hip hop and rap which I do not do.After the realization that essentially most ALL music is based on loops(just longer ones)it is much easier to see a real use for acid especially in light of the fact that it now also does midi and vst synths.

yeah, i am test driving the 6.0 and it is absolutely amazing.

i'm really enjoying the punch in capability (hopefully preroll is soon)

a very cool thing is from my mixer, i can just hard pan right and left, and record enable 2 tracks but record the left and right channel separate and edit and mix separately. AMAZING now.

i want to get it, and get a mackie onyx 400f to record 4 channels like this.

acid 6 is by far my favorite mixing program. its really similar to protools, yet incredibly simpler with the busing and effects.

Back