Access Virus C (anyone else used one?)

Flo' Dolo

Spent about 2 hours fiddling around with the Virus C & fell in love. The fact that anything run through the filters in it sounds amazing made me fall in love right away. The action on the keyboard version is quite impressive (felt alot like my old Motif), but I dunno if it's worth the extra $1000 or so - it sure LOOKS sweet as a motherfucker, though.

I played with the alesis ION for a little while, too - very cool, especially for 800 bucks, but

a) it can't fuck with the virus &
b) I think the ION & an ms2000 is a little redundant.

Oops, off track...

Anyway, any of you synth-lovers got any comments? What about groovy alternatives? I'm all but sold on this unit, even dropped the notion of picking up a new drum machine (blasphemy in my own house).

Just wondering.

Diendolo

I'd love to have a virus c... Or an indigo2 would be even better in my eyes.
I'm not used to the menu and knob layout on the virus' so it's been hard for me to get in very deep on one, but the filters are very nice and the factory patches are pretty sweet too...

I don't have the money for one right now, but I've been idly considering selling my lead3 for one. THAT'S blasphemy in MY house.

I'd get it if I were you...;)

Yeah Flo... You might wanna check with skyy before you buy.:rolleyes:
I hear he's gotta tip on the hottest new board...
What was it again skyy?:confused:
A casio what?

Flo' Dolo said:
Anyway, any of you synth-lovers got any comments? What about groovy alternatives? I'm all but sold on this unit, even dropped the notion of picking up a new drum machine (blasphemy in my own house).

I can't argue with any of this, I'm currently saving up for a Virus C myself. One of the best sounding synths of any kind out there right now in my opinion. I like the Supernova II also, but something about the Virus C just appeals to me a little more on a subconcious level.

As far as groovy alternatives, a couple software synths that have interested me are the Spectrasonics Atmosphere, Stylus, and Trilogy. I think the Stylus is the groove oriented soft synth.

But the Virus C is really a beautiful synth, I'm going to have one as soon as possible!

Back