AC30 Custom Classics?

Has anyone had any experience with the new AC30 Custom Classics that Vox has been making? I know nothing's going to sound like a real vintage AC30TB, but do these new ones do a decent job?

The only thing keeping me from buying one and giving it a workout is the quality issues I keep reading about. Once those clear up, I'll give one a shot myself. Outside from the problems, I read that they sound great from Vox fans who have alot to compare to. I've only heard one of them myself, and it was a non-blue model that sounded *ok*. They really need the blues to sound true Vox.

The CC was designed after the recent Handwired version, and I hear they sound similar to people who have experience with that model.

ok, I'm out! :)
H2H

yup...

I got a Custom Classic head at the beginning of the summer. THe speakers DO make a world of difference. After trying a Greenback and a vintage 30 (I liked the vintage 30 mch better with this amp) I bought a 30W alnico weber bue dog, and finally got close to the sound of those "blue" speakers. I have also tried the 2x12 without blues and wasn't impressed. Celestion G12H-80 speakers weren't to my liking either.

What are these reliablity issues that you speak of - I haven't heard anything about this..

I'm liking the amp a lot, but am too busy building amps to really play it much. I hope to do some recording with it soon.

I've torn it apart and looked in it and the construction looks pretty good - minus the ribbon cables and PC boards.

I am enjoying mine as much as I can.........

try to find one with blues...........

Back