About to purchase bass rig-- question....

bigdaddyd

I just sold my hot rod, so its about time to go shopping. I want to hook my son up with a Hartke 3500 head, 410, 115 rig. XL of course... :cool:

Thats not the question part. I want a rack mount head, and a good bass effects unit (processor) that is rack mountable, and limitless.

What I need input on is this, some suggestions on a good Processor, and do they make any with a foot controller. I am a line 6 Flextone III and vetta user, and the controller is a thing of beauty. Are there any processors that offer this. I know line 6 Pod has one, but the reviews on it are not all that great.

thanx

D

bigdaddyd said:
Yeah, I was a little vague, I was looking for an effects processor, pre amp, and ended up getting the line 6 pod pro xl with a floorboard. ChickChing! He better like it!

Hell, if he doesn't like it I'll take it. At the very least I can help him break it in. :D

Not to gloat, but I got one heck of a deal on his rig.

Ebay- Hartke 7000 (700 watts total) for $338. Rack mount head. And the 400w 410 cab new for $299. After I purchased the 410, a guy emailed me on the SWEEET 4.5 that retails for $499, I could have got it for $400. We have the power to run it, but the budget is approaching its end.

the pass pod pro xl goes for $699 retail, i got it "mint" cond. and a few months old for 5 large. :cool:

Man, with a nice rig like that, why are you going to muddy it up with an amp modeler? I mean, different strokes, bro, but if you're going to do all that FX you can probably save money by just going with a standard simple bass preamp (SVT-II, for example) and power amp.

I don't have experience with the bass modelers, but my Behringer V-amp2 for guitar is 98% as good as the guitar POD for about 1/2 the price. I would investigate getting the Behringer bass modeler first before the bass POD.

Let us know what you end up with. . .

PS: Oh sorry; I was reading the posts in reverse order and didn't see you already got it. Well congratulations on your setup. The big advantage of the modeler is that you can use it for direct recording.

Have you done any recording with it yet? I'd like to hear whatever you have.

My son who plays bass is the hardest one to keep interested and focused. He likes to play, but he needs something to "play with". I was drawn to the fact that its the nicest looking unit, can be controlled with a line 6 floorboard (of which i own two), it is a line 6 product (like my vetta and flextone combo's which i love deeply) and the kind of music we like to play is brighter melodic tones and a good unit like this will help.

I also bought it for me, but he doesnt know that. I want to have the vast archive of sounds to be availible to us. He can hit a preset rather than dial something in. Hes 13.

I realize there are those of you who are into finding the right amp for the sound, dialing it in, and "knowing your gear". thats awesome! they make the pod pro xl for those of us who arent there yet, but can throw down 7 large for a stupid effects processor and pedal. It should be here today or tomorrow. Cant wait!

D

Back