About to close deal on used HD24. Things to look out for?

christiaan

I'm about to buy a used HD24 for a great price. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow (seller lives only a mile away(!)). Honorable guy so far. We agreed on a price this weekend and I know he got higher offers after that but he called me a couple of minutes ago to confirm our appointment tomorrow.

He claims that it's working 100%. I haven't used one before but I've read great stories about it. Is there anything I need to check specifically before I hand over the dough? Anything that tends to wear out on these units?

About the only thing I can think of is to check its current software load but that's not a deal stopper. You can download all the OS updates at the Alesis site.

Check the fan and make sure it's free of debris. The only other obvious things that can wear are the drives and caddies. Check for excessive wear on the Centronics connector on the drive caddies. You may also want to check the membrane buttons and make sure they all make contact and function properly when pressed.

I suggest that you put "guaranteed to be fully operational" on your receipt and have him sign it.......

Back