Ableton live help

pahinson

Hey guys. I just recently bought intro live and am having quite a few problems with it. First off I dont think its downloaded correctly or something, I pull up ableton intro but theres not alot of intsruments and all that good stuff. Second my cpu load is high. Third Imhaving a hard time figuring out to assign diffrent functins to my midi keyboard.

That being said if someone could give me some help that would make me feel alot less agitated and confident about this software. thanks

Have you tried asking here. May be more knowledge than at this forum.

I do use Ableton at times but I'm no expert.

Cheers
Alan

you'll have to manually load all the "live packs" which can include instrument voices, demo's, tutorials, sampler/simpler stuff, vst, etc...

ctrl-, will pull up preferences menu, bottom tab is "live packs". any that you have access to will be listed as either installed or not. when you are done installing all you have head over to

http://www.ableton.com/livepacks

and peruse what you may or may not want to download from there and install them. now you should have a ton of crap to play with.

about CPU load... all i can say is make sure to check CPU tab options in preferences tab and look for a tutorial about processor usage.

about assigning midi triggers, there is a tutorial for that. once your trigger is set up to send and receive in ableton just...
1. click the "key" button top right
2. click the function you want to assign
3. hit the trigger key you want to use to control said function

Back