ABBEY ROAD 40th ANNIVERSARY!

westgate

ɹǝʎɐld ɹǝpuǝ&#6
abbey road was recorded with analog gear so i thought i'd put the link here.
enjoy the video.

mods, feel free to move it if necessary.
it's such a landmark album i just felt it should be here somewhere at HR.
thanks.

cool stuff - thanks. I wonder how many people how many of us posted the live web cam to 'favorites' so we can view it whenever we want.

Just a side note to your post about Let It Be. I finally broke down and got the Let it Be Naked cd. it's the same albuim but they took out all the overdub & backing tracks Glenn Johns put in. I thought it to be a much better albuim than what was released originally.
Ccloser to a 'Beatle' albuim and much better continuity. Just my opinion, but I was pretty impressed with it.

Just a side note to your post about Let It Be. I finally broke down and got the Let it Be Naked cd. it's the same albuim but they took out all the overdub & backing tracks Glenn Johns put in. I thought it to be a much better albuim than what was released originally.
Ccloser to a 'Beatle' albuim and much better continuity. Just my opinion, but I was pretty impressed with it.
Just wanted to let you know that you basically have the facts straight. But it was Phil Spectors extra strings and crap all over the original Let it Be that they took out. Thus making Let it be...Naked much closer to the version that Glenn Johns mixed up. Glenn Johns version was scrapped at the time for Spectres version with only the approval of 3 out of the 4 Beatles. Can you figure out who it was that didnt sign off?

Paul.

Just wanted to let you know that you basically have the facts straight. But it was Phil Spectors extra strings and crap all over the original Let it Be that they took out. Thus making Let it be...Naked much closer to the version that Glenn Johns mixed up. Glenn Johns version was scrapped at the time for Spectres version with only the approval of 3 out of the 4 Beatles. Can you figure out who it was that didnt sign off?

Paul.
Thanks for the " fact adjustment" - you're right it was Spector that put in all the strings and stuff & that was the stuff they took out - I knew paul never really did like that version, of course in hindsight he was right, the Spector version is way too "fluffed up"-Odds are that it was probably Paul that got the re-mix done.

Back