AATranslator new PT release & price rise!

Yes deadly serious.

Since the cunning people at PT encrypted their session files after v5 so that you have to pay an enourmous amount of money to export your sessions this is the cheapest option you have.

BTW in PT8 they changed the encryption algorithm once it was cracked by the people at ProConvert for v5.1 to 7.?

You can save your PT8 session to v5 with very little loss depending upon what you are doing.

You can move them to Audition, Vegas, Samplitude, Reaper, Cubase, Nuendo and a whole heap more.

It reads both mac & pc PT5 files and converts SD2 to wav as well as rejoins split stereo wavs.

If you have a need for something like this well hmmm let me see now $59 vs $700 - the agony of choice :-)

In my studio we record using Audition but we give the client the choice of what session format he wants to take it away if he wants to work on it at home or elsewhere.

Okay, what do I do with you?? I don't want to ban you because you have made useful posts without spamming your products or services. BUT... you can't be spamming the boards with your products or services.

I will go through all your posts and edit the spam. Please continue to contribute to this online community, but without the spam.

Thanks.

Well personally I have Digitranslator (even a spare license I think).

And IMO you do lose quite a lot of functionality by using PT5 format sessions, especially if you started off in Pro Tools 7.3 or higher!

Okay, what do I do with you?? I don't want to ban you because you have made useful posts without spamming your products or services. BUT... you can't be spamming the boards with your products or services.

I will go through all your posts and edit the spam. Please continue to contribute to this online community, but without the spam.

Thanks.

Point taken - I guess my enthusiasm outweighed my decorum - won't happen again.

Well personally I have Digitranslator (even a spare license I think).

And IMO you do lose quite a lot of functionality by using PT5 format sessions, especially if you started off in Pro Tools 7.3 or higher!

Because of the encryption methods mentioned earlier PT5 is the only option.

Even Digitranslator (and ProConvert) has limitations. The thing to realise with any daw convertor or translator is that no matter what there is a loss of some sort. This loss can be significant or trivial depending upon the source and destination.

The AES31 specification for transferring between daws was an attempt to bring some form of standardisation to this process (BTW PT disregards this standard completely) and even that has limitations.

Moving between daws is not a trivial matter and I certainly don't recommend it but if it must be done then it should be done in the early stages of the project.
Eg Band tracks in a PT studio but wants to mix their own stuff on (insert other daw name here). Or they may want to record their own guitar tracks and then bring the lot back to the studio for mixing.

We had one the other day where they wanted to take their tracks/clips etc away from my studio (recorded in Audition) to mix themselves in Vegas.

Thats when translator software is most useful.

It is not recommended to be moving between daws once you have applied fx, plugins etc.

Either way each daw producer should give you a relatively easy & inexpensive way of getting your tracks in AND out. IMO this should be a trivial exercise for the makers of Digitranslator and in no way justifys its price.

Point taken - I guess my enthusiasm outweighed my decorum - won't happen again.

Thanks for your understanding. BTW: you can use your signature to mention your website and give a brief description of your product. You just can't do it with free postings in the forums. Check out Massive Mastering's posts to see what I mean.

Back