Aardvark Q10 Sound Card (8 I/O)

wes480

I bought this card in 2002, and never really got to use it to it's full potential.

At the time it was a new product and they had driver issues with Windows 2000 - and I refused to run Windows 98.

Eventually the drivers came out and I had a lot of fun using the card. It was perfect for me becuase I didn't have a mixer..the 8XLR inputs are very high quality and gave me great sound for recording drums, the full band etc. In general all of the features of it made it a pleasure to use with CoolEdit, Nuendo and Sonar.

I would reccommend this card to anyone who doesn't have a ton of recording equipment (in terms of a mixer/preamps). It also has patch ins for using external effects.

It is still the current Aardvark high end product and sells for around $700.

The reason I want to sell it is that I no longer have a lot of room for drums etc (moved to apartment) so I don't need this many inputs. Also I can't have a big studio "setup" anymore, so I am looking at going to a firewire card - that will work with my laptop.

If you need something with 8 simultaneous ins/outs, preamps, mixing software...etc - then this might be for you.

I don't want to go through ebay becuase I'm just a little leary of the whole thing. If no one responds here, then I'll just hang onto it. I'd like to get around $450 bucks for it...but I may also take a best offer. I do NOT have the box anymore. You would be getting the PCI card, Interface (19" rackmountable w/ears) and the cable that connects them. The drivers are on Aardvarks website. It's all in perfect condition, in total has less than 100 hours of use on it.

I think it could be a great solution for the right person.

http://www.aardvarkaudio.com/

Please email me at fdaproved@comcast.net - I don't always check my PM's on here.

-Wes

Back