Aardvark q10 and Magix Studio 2004

freeztar

Does anyone use this combo? I can't figure out how to record 24 bit audio. I can record 24 bit on other progs like n-track, but can't get it to work in Magix. I would just switch programs, but I can't afford Sonar right now and I don't like any of the other "cheaper" programs. Any ideas on the 24 bit recording in Magix?

freeztar said:
Does anyone use this combo? I can't figure out how to record 24 bit audio. I can record 24 bit on other progs like n-track, but can't get it to work in Magix. I would just switch programs, but I can't afford Sonar right now and I don't like any of the other "cheaper" programs. Any ideas on the 24 bit recording in Magix?

As far as I know, Magix [the software bundled with the Q10] does no support 24bit.

Of course now Aardvark comes with Cubase LE 24/48

Not too long ago I was thinking of of switching from Sonar 2.2XL to Samplitude, so I went out and bought Magix Music Studio 2004 Deluxe, (to see if I liked the "working method" of the program, as the two are nearly the same in operation), The way they stress the "new" 24 bit import and 32 bit support on the website certainly led me to believe that the program was 24 and 32 bit (floating point) capable, but this is not the case.

After a flurry of e-mails with their tech support, I gave up, the fact is, this program isn't 24 bit capable, their tech support will only steer you towards purchasing Samplitude.

I think that their marketing on this issue is extremely deceptive, and told them as much, they denied that of course, but it doesn't say ANYWHERE on the packaging, or the website that it's limited to 16 recording/playback, it will import and process 24 bit files, but the input/output is limited to 16 bit. Lame..

Needless to say, I didn't end up buying Samp, I really wanted to buy Samp for my main DAW, and run Music Studio on my laptop for portability, and their copy protection would have meant buying 2 licenses for Samp, the second of which would (I think)require a dongle to work, I hate that kind of crap.

I bought SAWStudio instead, and am most definetely a happy camper.

:D

Back